Professor, Aquatic Chemistry
Aquatic Chemistry Laboratory
Division II: Environmental Process Design and Analysis
Extended CV (pdf)
- Office: Κ1.108
- Tel.: +30 28210 37810 FAX:+30 28210 37846
- Office Hours: Daily 9:00-15:00
- 1997: PhD in Chemistry, School of Chemistry, University of Bristol, Bristol, U.K.
- 1994: Degree in Chemistry, Maîtrise de Chimie, Universitè Montpellier II (U.S.T.L.), Montpellier, France.
- 1993: Licence de Chimie, Universitè Montpellier II (U.S.T.L.), Montpellier, France.
- 1992: D.E.U.G. (A), Sciences des Structures et de la Matière, Universitè Montpellier II (U.S.T.L.), Montpellier, France.
- Research Interests
Research efforts mainly concentrate on
- the development and application of novel analytical procedures for detecting trace amounts of organic pollutants in a variety of environmental samples.
- studying the fate of organic micropollutants in natural and engineered environments.
- Participation in Research Programmes and Projects
- New biotechnologicaL approaches for biodegrading and promoting the environmental biotransformation of synthetic polymeric materials. Funded by: FP7-KBBE; Budget: € 4000000 Duration: 2012-2015.
- Innovation Center of Crete. Funded by: Hellenic ministry of Finance and Competiveness (EEA grants); Budget: € 498800; Duration: 2011-2012.
- Detection and fate of pharmaceuticals and personal care products in the environment. Funded by: Heraklitus II (Operational Programme "Education & Lifelong Learning"); Budget: € 45000; Duration: 2010-2013.
- Development and application of methods and software for recording and evaluating Hellenic water quality data, Funded by: Hellenic Ministry of Environment, Energy and Climate Change; Budget: € 147600; Duration: 2010-2011.
- Agricultural use of treated wastewater as an alternative water resource. Funded by: Hellenic ministry of Finance and Competiveness (EEA grants); Budget: € 318000; Duration: 2010-2011.
- Distinctions and Awards
- 2013: “Top-10 most cited articles 2010-2011 Award”, Talanta
- 2012: Vice-Chair for the 2012 evaluation of FP7 People Individual Marie Curie Actions (Chemistry Panel).
- 2010: Award “Top-50 most cited articles 2005-2009 Award”, Analytica Chimica Acta.
- 2007: Fulbright Research Award 2007-2008, Research residence in the laboratories of Prof. M.R. Hoffmann in California Institute of Technology (CALTECH, USA) from September to November in 2007
- 2006: Award “Top cited article 2001-2006 Award”, Journal of Chromatography A.
- Representative Publications
- E. Yiantzi, N. Kalogerakis, E. Psillakis*, “Vacuum-Assisted Headspace Solid Phase Microextraction of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons from Solid Samples” Analytica Chimica Acta, 2015, 890, 108-116
- I. Roman, A. Mastromihali, K. Tyrovola, A. Canals, E. Psillakis*, “Rapid Determination of Octanol-Water Partition Coefficient using Vortex-Assisted Liquid-Liquid Microextraction” Journal of Chromatography A, 2014, 1330, 1-5.
- E. Psillakis*, E. Yiantzi, N. Kalogerakis, “Downsizing Vacuum-Assisted Headspace Solid Phase Microextraction”. Journal of Chromatography A, 2013, 1300, 119-126.
- L. Sanchez-Prado, K. Kalafata, S. Risticevic, J. Pawliszyn, M. Lores, M. Llompart, N. Kalogerakis, E. Psillakis*, “Ice photolysis of 2,2´,4,4´,6-pentabromodiphenyl ether (BDE-100): Laboratory investigations using solid phase microextraction” Analytica Chimica Acta (2012), In press.
- E. Psillakis*, A. Mousouraki, E. Yiantzi, N. Kalogerakis, “Effect of Henry’s Law Constant and Operating Parameters on Vacuum-Assisted Headspace Solid Phase Microextraction”. Journal of Chromatography A (2012), 1244, 55– 60.
- E. Psillakis*, E. Yiantzi, L. Sanchez-Prado, N. Kalogerakis, “Vacuum-Assisted Headspace Solid Phase Microextraction: Improved Extraction of Semivolatiles by Non-Equilibrium Headspace Sampling under Reduced Pressure Conditions” Analytica Chimica Acta (2012), doi:10.1016/j.aca.2012.01.019
- A. Papadopoulou, I.P Román, A. Canals, K. Tyrovola, E. Psillakis*, "Fast screening of perfluorooctane sulfonate in water using vortex-assisted liquid-liquid microextraction coupled to liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry", Analytica Chimica Acta, 2011, 691(1-2), 56-61.
- E. Yiantzi, E. Psillakis*, K. Tyrovola, N. Kalogerakis, “Vortex-assisted liquid-liquid microextraction of octylphenol, nonylphenol and bisphenol-A”, Talanta, 2009, 80(5), 2057-2062.
- J. Regueiro, M. Llompart, E. Psillakis, J.C. Garcia-Monteagudo, C. Garcia-Jares, “Ultrasound-assisted emulsification–microextraction of phenolic preservatives in water”, Talanta, 2009, 79(5), 1387-1397.
- L. Sanchez-Prado, S. Risticevic, J. Pawliszyn and E. Psillakis*, “Low temperature SPME device: a convenient and effective tool for investigating photodegradation of volatile analytes”. Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A: Chemistry, 2009, 206, 227–230.
- Undergraduate Courses
- Postgraduate Courses
- PhD Candidates
- Kostoula Tsourounaki
Last Updated on Friday, 30 October 2015 12:10